Tuesday 7 September 2010

Teaching conclusion of chapter

Having look at the chapter conclusion, a lot of the information seems quite straightforward and would probably been able to have discovered by the children without any problems.



Therefore I would either ask the children to determine for themselves whether there was a political crisis or not? Through discussion amongst themselves before creating an essay plan to answer the question using the information they had learnt from previous lessons on the rule of Duke of Somerset, Duke of Northumberland and Mary I.


Or depending on the working level of the children I may give them some prompts to help them to determine the answer to the questions, for instance I would ask them to think about what support the monarchs had during their power, what support they had from their own government/parliament, where they faced many problems during their reigns etc


I could also introduce the children to some cards which had successes and failures of the reigns of the Duke of Somerset, Duke of Northumberland and Mary I and ask them to determine from these whether or not there was a political crisis.


Whichever option I chose to use to teach this lesson, the main aim of the lesson would be for the children to determine whether or not there was a political crisis or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment